Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Remember

I remember important instances in my life by replaying them over and over again, usually when I'm trying to think of something to brighten my day. For example, lets say I'm having a shitty day at school, everything just keeps getting worse and worse. I figure if I think about a good day on the mountain, or a good experience at a party or even little things that I excel at, it brightens my day. I choose not to remember experiences that have no meaning or were bad, although this is not to say I don't learn from them. I gather the information needed from past experiences and apply them to the future, so I can abstain from reliving a bad experience. It is the essence of ever-perfecting, which is how I remember.
Example, when I want to brighten a gloomy day, I will think of this: Eaglecrest terrain park, long ago.


These quotes capture my mindset about skiing completely.


The sport of skiing consists of wearing three thousand dollars' worth of clothes and equipment and driving two hundred miles in the snow in order to stand around at a bar and get drunk.  ~P.J. O'Rourke,Modern Manners, 1984


When it comes to skiing, there's a difference between what you think it's going to be like, what it's really like, and what you tell your friends it was like.  ~Author Unknown


Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face.  ~Dave Barry

1 comment:

  1. I liked this poem. It's really deep. Keep up the good work mayn.

    ReplyDelete